Silver Branch Brewing Company is seeking an experienced Junior Sous Chef for immediate hire at out newest location in Warrenton, VA. This role is critical to the success of the company and plays an integral role in executing a positive experience for each fan of Silver Branch. Candidates must have the ability and willingness to learn and share culinary knowledge. The Junior Sous Chef must be dedicated, passionate and hardworking.
Junior Sous Chef Job Description
This position is great for individuals looking to work in a fast-paced, fun, and friendly culinary environment within the beer industry. We pride ourselves on fresh, local food, hand crafted beer, exceptional hospitality, and legendary atmosphere. Candidates must be attentive, patient, and willing to operate with a team-oriented mindset to help their fellow team members. This role is perfect for individuals focused on anticipating needs, capable of multi-tasking, and inclined to work well under pressure while maintaining a friendly disposition. Candidates that are devoted to creating an awesome guest experience and that take pride in their work will thrive in this role.
Junior Sous Chef Responsibilities
- Deliver amazing guest experiences with strong knowledge of our offerings and a welcoming, friendly demeanor
- Prepare recipes to order for timing, quality, and consistency
- Maintain a clean, safe, stocked, and organized workstation according to company standards, health department regulations and manufacturer specifications
- Oversee shared kitchen team tasks including but not limited to: cleaning and organizing, opening and closing the kitchen, receiving orders, etc.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Complete other duties as assigned in support of the business
- Assist with catering events as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Proven work experience as a Junior Sous Chef
- Experienced on multiple stations including sauté, grill, salad, app and fry
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Available to work a variety of hours including weekends
- Ability to understand communication in English
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment as well as to work the line during service periods
- Can meet physical demands of position including pulling, pushing, carrying, lifting, standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, handle, carry food, smallware’s, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold 30 degrees, heat temperatures above 100 degrees, loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke