Silver Branch Brewing Company is hiring a talented and motivated Taproom Manager. Our beautiful taproom seeks to re-create the experience of visiting the best brasseries, beer halls, beer gardens, taprooms, coffee shops and cocktail bars all over the world. Joining the Silver Branch now, while we work toward our opening, means the demands will be high and there will be significant opportunity for growth. If you enjoy establishing high standards for service and elevating the guest experience in a taproom setting, then you should apply for the Taproom Manager position. Leading a team of employees toward a common goal of excellent service while elevating the standards of hospitality and beverage knowledge is paramount to being successful in this role.
The Taproom Manager will ensure an excellent guest experience by motivating and leading a team of hospitable, motivated and knowledgeable bartenders, servers, baristas and support staff members. Providing the best possible guest experience begins by leading and motivating an excellent front-of-house staff. Elevating the standards for taproom service and beverage knowledge is a key function of the Taproom Manager role. The Taproom Manager will work directly with the Executive Management team to design and execute excellent taproom experiences for our guests every single day.
- Responsible for maintaining a fun and positive environment for all staff to work in; provide positive motivation for the entire team
- Highly personable, effective in communicating with guests and capable of developing a successful front-of-house staff that builds regular clientele and generates repeat business
- Responsible for establishing and teaching Silver Branch Brewing Company standards of service while always striving for continual improvement
- Write all front-of-house schedules and organize staffing levels while managing conversations with taproom staff members to ensure Silver Branch always has the right number of staff members necessary to execute excellent service
- Effectively manage difficult situations with guests, employees or otherwise
- Must have an eye for the greater good of Silver Branch; able to teach bartenders and servers with questions related to up-selling
- Cultural leader and relentless teacher at all times
- Design and implement controls necessary to continually maintain high levels of profitability in taproom operations
- Effectively manage cash for the business and grow top-line revenue through sales techniques with staff while improving bottom-line profit through reduction of mistakes and unnecessary waste
- Order all paper goods and supplies while maintaining positive relationships with vendors necessary to provide soft goods for taproom operations
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Strong skills with all Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Publisher
- Must have completed successfully completed the Cicerone Certified Beer Server exam, proof of certification level of Certified Beer Server necessary
- Interest in pursuing the Certified Cicerone® exam and making efforts to obtain the designation of Certified Cicerone® within two years of employment
- Able to lift at least 50lbs and willing to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Minimum full-time requirement: 5 shifts per week, with a minimum of 10 hours per managing shift for average weekly full-time requirement of 50 hours.
- Minimum 3 years combined restaurant or taproom experience, 1 or more years full-time bartending experience, 1 or more years restaurant management experience, additional coffee and cocktail experience beneficial
- Experience managing private events from initial inquiry to execution of event is beneficial
- Unique personal style that is also professional and fits our mission
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time
How to Apply
Send us a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for Taproom Manager role at Silver Branch. Tell us a bit about yourself, some relevant hospitality industry experience and some of your favorite beer memories while traveling. Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs[at]silverbranchbrewing.com